Recipies for all taste
1. Brown Butter–Lemon Cook 6 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest; drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn. Toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
2. Ranch Melt 4 tablespoons butter with a 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning mix; toss with 16 cups hot popcorn and 2 tablespoons chopped chives. Season with salt.
3. Garlic-Herb Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; add 4 grated garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon each finely chopped fresh rosemary, sage and thyme and cook1 minute. Drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn and toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
4. Parmesan-Rosemary Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 1/2 cup grated parmesan, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary and 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
5. Frito Pie Toss 12 cups hot popcorn, 6 tablespoons melted butter, 4 cups Fritos (or other corn chips) and 2 tablespoons chili powder; spread on baking sheets. Top with 2 cups shredded cheddar and 2 chopped scallions. Bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese melts, 3 minutes. Season with salt.
6. Truffle Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
7. Movie Theater Melt 1 stick butter in a small saucepan over low heat, skimming off the foam and solids; drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn and toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
8. Veggie Pulse 2 cups each mixed veggie chips and dehydrated snap peas in a food processor until powdery; toss with 8 cups hot popcorn and 2 cups each veggie chips and dehydrated snap peas. Season with salt.
9. Three-Cheese Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1 cup grated parmesan and 1/2 cup grated pecorino; spread on baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F until the cheddar melts, 3 minutes. Season with salt.
10. Gruyere-Porcini Pulse 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms in a spice grinder until powdery. Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt; pulse again until powdery. Drizzle 6 tablespoons melted butter over 16 cups hot popcorn; toss with the porcini powder and 1 cup finely grated gruyere.
Chocolate Chip Kettle Corn Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
Cook Time:10 Minutes
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Total Time:25 Minutes
Dark chocolately cookies are made even sweeter with crunchy kettle corn.
4 cups Pop Corn
1/2 cupbutter, softened
1 cuppacked light brown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 cupswhite whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cupdark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Beat the butter, sugar, and egg together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, baking powder and soda, and salt until well combined. Gently stir in kettle corn and chocolate. Form dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still slightly underdone (cookies will firm up as they cool and be chewy). Cool on baking sheets 5 to 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to finish cooling.
Cook’s Tip: Dough can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 4 days. Bake the entire batch or just as many as you like.
Smores Popcorn Mix
1/4 cup popcorn kernels (yields about 8 cups of popped corn)
1/2 cup dark, semisweet or milk chocolate
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/4 cup marshmallow bits
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3 sheets graham crackers, broken into pieces
1. Pop popcorn kernels in your air popper and spread in an even layer onto a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper.
Next, place 1/2 cup chocolate into a heatproof bowl with 1/2 tablespoon of the unsalted butter. Heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave until fully melted. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the popcorn.
Place remaining tablespoon of butter together with the 15 marshmallows into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until fully melted (make sure to stir frequently). Pour melted marshmallows over the popcorn on the baking sheet as well.
Sprinkle with marshmallow bits, mini chocolate chips, and broken graham cracker pieces. Let sit for 20 minutes or until set. Enjoy!